Estimator, Industrial Sheet Metal & Fabrication
TxMQ, Inc. • Chautauqua County, NY
Chautauqua County NY, NY 14710
Full-Time | Experience - 3 to greater than 15 years | Architecture - Building, Industrial, Sales - Marketing | Engineering, Design, Manufacturing
Estimator – Industrial Sheet Metal
Our client in Chautauqua county, NY is seeking a candidate with a foundation of experience in manufacturing and an understanding of sheet metal fabrication, custom job shop, OEM, or machine shop operations and processes that will be a successful Estimator for their growing plant!
Scope of Responsibilities:
- The Estimator will apply industry, product, and process knowledge against estimating jobs and machining programs running in the plant. The operation will be custom, sheet metal fabricated plant / shop operations and processes.
- Interacting with vendors and other suppliers for timely pricing and utilizing that information, coupled with the needs of the customer, in order to provide accurate quotes on custom sheet metal fabrication jobs.
- Providing detailed and accurate quotes based upon contract / architectural drawings
- Scoping projects prior to estimation for review with management, as well as providing advice as requested and/or required.
- Building trust and developing relationships with general contractors
- Site Surveying as needed to ensure correct estimation
- Reviewing purchase orders and contracts for scope accuracy, assisting sales and management with project details, and determining value on engineering projects
- Other duties as assigned
Seeking the following Qualifications and Experience:
- BS degree in a technical or engineering discipline highly desired
- 3-5 years of experience in metal fabrication – machining, custom fabrication, job shop plant environment
- CAD experience and the ability to read drawings and blueprints
- Prior experience in an Estimator, Industrial Sales and Applications type position within the manufacturing / industrial sector where jobs quoting and estimation was an aspect of the role
- Must be able to read proposal specifications and related documents
- Excellent communication skills and ability to be forward facing with regard to customer interaction in person and via email and phone, as well as the willingness to travel if required to review
- Must be able to work a 45-hour minimum work week.
- PC Skills a must
- Excellent Math skills and a good Mechanical aptitude
- Highly motivated and driven
- Total compensation for this position will be commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history to email@example.com for immediate consideration.
- Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions
• Post ID: 35920812 chautauqua